- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium onion sliced or chopped
- 6 cloves garlic smashed with the back of a knife (or minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese,
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- 1/4 crushed red pepper flakes
- Black cracked black pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine cauliflower, onion, and garlic on the baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper(s), distributing evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and toss through cauliflower. Return to the oven to bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is caramelized on the edges and fork-tender.
GRILLED PEACHES ALA MODE
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and halved
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbsp honey, plus more for drizzling
- Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush cut-side of each peach with oil and place on the grill, cut-side down.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3 to 4 more minutes until grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Gently remove peaches from the grill using tongs and drizzle with honey and serve with vanilla ice cream topped with chopped pecans, if desired.
WILD MUSHROOM TOAST
- 3 lbs wild mushrooms, such as maitakes, chanterelles, hedgehogs, or morels
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. cognac
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 oz. shaved Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth or a paring knife to remove any dirt or dark spots. Cut off any tough stems. If the mushrooms appear muddy, quickly dip them into a large basin of water and drain.
- Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet until very hot. Add olive oil and fresh mushrooms. Cook, while stirring frequently, over high heat until mushrooms release their liquid, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, and rehydrated mushrooms. Cook until liquid has evaporated. Add broth, cognac, butter, salt, pepper, and 2 sprigs each rosemary and thyme. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast, stirring twice, for 30 minutes. Stir in remaining herbs.
- Serve warm on toasted bread with Parmesan curls.