Inspired by Bugs Bunny*.
On my day off last week, I was watching one of my favorite shows, Looney Tunes, and started to wonder to myself…What would Bugs Bunny’s ideal dish be? Obviously, it would include Carrots, but what other ingredients would he love. Bug’s personality can be a bit salty at times, but his heart is in the right place, so I thought some Miso would make a perfect addition to this recipe. Lastly, I thought some Ginger would best represent Bug’s surprise burst of energy he emits when he sees the love of his life, Lola Bunny ☺️. So, that’s how this recipe was born. I hope you enjoy it and I’m looking forward to bring you even more recipes in my new, “Inspired by” series.
- 3 lbs of heirloom carrots cleaned and roasted 350°F
- 10 Julienne shallots
- 2 Knobs of fresh ginger root and chopped using the back of a spoon to peel off the skin
- 6 oz Olive oil
- 3 Quarts of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of red miso (but slightly heaping)
- 1 tbsp Tumeric powder or fresh turmeric
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carrot tops (garnish optional)
- 1 oz Alfalfa sprouts (how much/many)
- In a bowl mix carrots, salt pepper, and olive oil until well coated, place on a sheet pan, and put into preheated 350°F oven for 45mins to 1 hour.
- In a cold stockpot add the ginger and garlic, turn on medium and slightly toast until fragrant. Add shallots, turmeric powder, and sweat further until translucent (soft no color)
- When nicely roasted, slice carrots and add to sauteed onions. Add vegetable stock to maybe an inch over the top. When blended, the carrots act as a thickener The idea is to have enough stock that the mixture becomes loose enough to become a soup. It may need to be adjusted with more stock or water. Bring ingredients to a simmer for ten minutes. add miso to a blender until smooth adjust seasoning. Garnish with carrot tops and alfalfa sprouts.
*Chef Jade or Jade and Zelda, LLC’s not affiliated with the Bugs Bunny brand, Warner Bros. or WarnerMedia. This recipe creation is not an attempt to indicate a partnership between Chef Jade and the brand Bugs Bunny or the owner of the Intellectual Property.