Put a stack of these in front of me and you won’t hear from me again until they’re done.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of vegan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- In a small shallow bowl, add yogurt. In 2 more separate shallow dishes, pour the cornstarch and breadcrumbs.
- Dredge each slice of eggplant in cornstarch, coating it thoroughly then gently tapping off excess, then in yogurt, then in the breadcrumbs, pressing them to help them stick. Transfer coated eggplant to a wire rack and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Fry the eggplant slices in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Season with additional salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon wedges over hot eggplant.
- Serve with marinara sauce or vegan mozzarella and ENJOY!
inspired by Gonnawantseconds