A vegetable-filled chilled soup that has its origins in Spain.
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 pounds very ripe red tomatoes, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper stemmed and seeded
- ¼ small red onion, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs, for garnish
- Toasted bread, for serving
- Finely chop ¼ of the cucumber and set aside for garnish.
- Peel remaining cucumber, and transfer to a blender. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Season to taste and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the soup with the reserved diced cucumber, fresh herbs, drizzles of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and toasted bread alongside.