- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup kimchi juice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup kale
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Spring onion to garnish
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame to garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add kimchi to the pan and cook until golden.
- Stir in rice, kale and kimchi juice mixture until the kale has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with a fried egg. Sprinkle finely-sliced spring onion and black sesame to garnish.
Inspired by Wheregoesrose