Inspired by Fork Over Knives
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 oranges (zest and juice it first)
- 4 cups of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Sea salt
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Spiked Sour Cream
- 1 jar salsa
- Sauté the onions in a saucepan over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add water 2 tablespoons at a time, to keep them from sticking. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cumin, chile powder, orange zest and juice, and black beans.
- Pinch of salt to taste, and purée the mixture in a food processor until smooth but still a little chunky.
- Place the tortillas, a few at a time, in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stack the warmed tortillas and wrap them in a piece of foil.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the black bean mixture over half of each tortilla, then roll up the tortilla and set it aside. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, then place all of the taquitos into a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with the Spiked Sour Cream and salsa. Enjoy!