Inspired by PlaysWellWithButter
- 8 ounces short pasta of choice
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 12-ounce jar pitted kalamata olives, drained & halved
- 1 12-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained & halved or quartered
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
For the vegan creamy Italian dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, generously salt the water. Add in the pasta and cook to al dente, according to package directions. Drain the pasta, rinsing with cold water, and set aside.
- While the pasta boils, prepare the dressing. Blend all listed ingredients to a high-speed. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- On the other hand, add the halved tomatoes to a large mixing bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, tossing to combine. Add in the red and green bell pepper, white onion, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and cooked pasta. Pour the creamy Italian dressing over top. Toss to combine, seasoning with additional kosher salt & ground black pepper as needed.
- Serve & enjoy!