- 2 medium sweet potato (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40 pcs green beans, stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup tauge
- 1 cucumber (optional)
SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup peanut, deep-fried or roasted
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp chili garlic sauce (depending on your preferred level of spice)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2-3 tbsp roasted salted peanuts (optional)
- Hard-boiled egg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add sliced sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check and should be tender and slightly golden brown. Set aside.
- While potato rounds are cooking, steam 3-4 minutes the green beans in the microwave. Alternatively, add to boiling hot water for 1 minute, then transfer to ice water to stop the cooking process (a.k.a. “shocking”). Drain and set aside.
- Now, prepare the peanut sauce by adding all ingredients except water to a small mixing bowl and whisking. Add hot water 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time until desired consistency is reached, it should have a little liquid.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more chili garlic sauce according to your level of spiciness, maple syrup for sweetness and add the lime juice for acidity.
- To assemble, sliced roasted sweet potato, steamed green beans, sliced red pepper, bean sprouts, cilantro, a hard-boiled egg (optional) and cucumber (optional).
- Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
Inspired by MinimalistBaker