Inspired by GermanFoods
- 1 box German spätzle 9 ounces
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 cups diced eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons German white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh herbs for garnish basil and parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spätzle in salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain and let it cool.
- Then, trim and dice zucchini; seed and chopped in a dice red and green bell pepper.
- Combine pasta and diced vegetables in a large bowl. Get a smaller bowl and whisk together olive oil, vinegar, basil or parsley, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve salad at room temperature or chilled. Add eggs for toppings (optional).