(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Okra is a great source of vitamins, antioxidants, and high content of fibers and also can be served in numerous ways including fried, roasted, grilled, sautéed, or pickled. This Okra Masala recipe is spicy and easy to create, but super healthy and delicious.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 184g
- Fats: 14.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 14g
- 3 pounds of Bhindi/Okra
- 1 small onion
- 7 green chillies
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- Powdered turmeric, 1/2teaspoon of
- Amchur/dry mango powder, 3/4 teaspoon
- Canola oil, 3 tbsp
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- The okra should be cleaned, kept in a strainer, and dried using paper towels.
- Cut the okra; then cut garlic cloves into little bits and very small cubes of onion. Make a powder from the mustard, cumin, and fennel seeds and combine it with the coriander powder.
- Add canola oil to a single non-stick pan or wok, and heat the oil over medium-low heat. Coriander powder, all-purpose mix, and chopped green chilies should be added to the oil and cooked for a minute. Bhindi should be added to the masala, covered, and cooked for 10 minutes, gently stirring it every 5 minutes.
- After that, create a tiny opening in the bhindi, add a little amount of chopped, diced onion, and simmer for 5 minutes before combining.
- Let it a minute to simmer. The okra should be added to the masala, covered, and cooked for 10 minutes, gently stirring it every 5 minutes.
- After that, create a tiny opening in the bhindi, add a little amount of chopped, cubed onion, and cook it for 5 minutes before mixing it with the bhindi without a lid.
- Serve and enjoy your okra dish!