(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 6 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Sweet potatoes are incredibly rich in beta carotene, an antioxidant, high in vitamins, and magnesium as well. As a chef I love sweet potatoes more than regular potatoes because it has many nutritional benefits and also adds more colors to the diet.
This recipe is for sweet potato lovers to enjoy a super healthy and quick meal.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 230g
- Fats: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel the sweet potatoes then cut them into strips.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the olive oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. The flesh should become tender but not too tender.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Peel and cut the ginger into slices. Add the garlic, ginger and peppers to the skillet.
- Sauté for 5 minutes while stirring. Sprinkle with thyme and serve the sweet potatoes with ginger and chilli.