Inspired by: thewanderlustkitchen
- 3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3 small mangoes, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges for serving
- Place the coconut milk, rice, and salt in a large saucepan along with 2 cups of water. Set the pot over medium heat and allow to cook until the liquid drops below the level of the rice. Stir the pot, cover, and turn the heat down to low. Allow to cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the shredded coconut and re-cover. Allow to rest until ready to serve.
- Place the black beans in a small pot along with the cumin and coriander. Heat over medium, stirring frequently, until warmed through.
- Divide the cooked rice, warmed beans, mango, avocado, onion, and cashews into four shallow bowls. And serve with lime wedges.