(Cooking Time: 30 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 3-4)
Peppers are one of my favorites that I often used in many of my recipes. It’s a famous item of all the food you can stuff because they are large enough to hold a lot and the flavor can go with almost anything. This recipe is easy to make, but still, you can use it for any kind of celebration as it adds extra color to your table.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 160g
- Fats: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 29g
- Protein: 8.69g
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of black olives
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- 1 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 4 peppers
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Start by preparing the stuffing. For this, wash, dry and cut the tomatoes. Let them lose some of their juice if necessary by putting them in a colander.
- Chop the olives and put them in a bowl, add the capers, breadcrumbs and tomatoes. Mix
- Add the salt, pepper and spices. Mix again and refrigerate.
- Wash, dry and cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
- Sauté your peppers in a hot pan to pre-cook them, hollow side against the pan, over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- Place the half peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet and garnish them with the stuffing. Pour a drizzle of olive oil on top and bake for 20/25 minutes.
- Check for doneness by pricking the peppers with the tip of a knife; they should remain firm but pierce easily.
- Just before serving, add some chopped fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil, chives, etc.).
- Serve and enjoy your stuffed peppers!