(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Oats are one of the greatest choices of vegetarians. It is a gluten-free whole grain and full of vitamins and fiber. This Oats meal is easy to prepare and a new way of enjoying oats. It is good for lunch, breakfast, snacks, or as an after-workout meal.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 226g
- Fats: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 25g
- Protein: 6g
- 2 tbsp of soy cream
- 1 ½ cups of rolled oats
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup of water
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 good clove of garlic
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 5 tbsp of soy milk
- 2 tbsp of Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- In a cup, put the chia seeds with the water, mix and let swell for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, wash, deseed and cut the peppers into fine brunoise. Finely chop the onion after peeling it and press the garlic.
- Finely grind the oat flakes and put them in a container with the soy cream and soy milk. Mix well. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Salt, pepper and mix everything. Add the chia seeds that have swollen well, and pour the cornstarch. Mix. Chop the basil and the chives and add them to the container then place your preparation in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After this time, put a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, place a good tablespoon of batter in the pan, and spread it with the back of the spoon to form a pancake about 1 cm thick.
- Repeat the operation for the 3 other pancakes, cook for 3 minutes on each side then remove the pancakes when they are golden brown.
- Place your ultra soft and healthy vegan patties on absorbent paper. Repeat the process until the dough is used up. You should get about ten patties.
- Enjoy these delicious pancakes still warm, accompanied by a salad of your choice!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.