Inspired by: Leave Eat Learn
- ¾ cup bulgur plus 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup diced cucumber about ½ medium cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomato about 1 roma tomato
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 3 cups packed parsley finely chopped, 90 g
- ½ cup packed mint finely chopped, 10 g
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 60 mL
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice 45 mL
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
DIRECTIONS:Bulgur: Bring bulgur and water to a boil in a small pot, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender. Allow bulgur to cool slightly.
- Prep Veggies: Meanwhile, stir together cucumber, tomato, and ½ tsp salt. Place in a colander and set over a bowl to allow excess moisture to drain out. Let drain for 10 minutes (or until the rest of the recipes is ready).
- Chop: Remove the thick stems from the parsley and mint, then finely chop (either by hand or with a food processor). Slice the green onion.
- Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ½ tsp of salt.
- Assemble: In a large bowl, toss together cooled bulgur, strained cucumber and tomato, herbs, green onion, and dressing.
- Add feta cheese, mix and enjoy!