Inspired by: olivesfordinner
- 2 large eggplant, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon natural sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Halve the eggplant lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the eggplant slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet, brush them with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake, turning once, until softened and browned on both sides, about 15 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, tamari, and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on a platter and top with the sauce. Garnish with the spring onions.