Inspired by: Healthier Steps
- 2 cups callaloo, chopped and tightly packed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onions, chopped
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, whole or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons water
- Peel outer membrane of each stalk of callaloo and remove outer old leaves.
- Put callaloo in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and set aside while preparing remaining vegetables.
- Discard water then rinse with water and drain. Chop callaloo.
- In a large pot put an oil,onion, garlic, spring onion, thyme, tomato, and scotch bonnet pepper on medium heat, saute; until onion is translucent.
- Add callaloo and water, allow to simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes or until tender.