Inspired by: Veganuary
- 100g tempeh [UK 7oz]
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp shoyu sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce like Sriracha (optional)
- 1 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- Juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 370º C Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the tempeh into ¼ inch thick pieces and set aside.
- Combine the sesame oil, shoyu, hot sauce, (if using) garlic cloves, ginger and juice from one lemon in a small bowl. Whisk and transfer to a large, zip-closed plastic bag.
- Place the sliced tempeh in the bag and gently massage it with your hands to coat all the pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh from the marinade. Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake ten minutes on the other side until crisp and golden.